dwelling_fire_insuranceJust like owners who live in their property carry homeowners’ insurance. Those who chose to rent-out their homes, should carry dwelling fire insurance.

Contrary to what its name may suggest, dwelling fire insurance is not just fire insurance. Instead, it is a type of policy like homeowners’ insurance, but designed to protect landlords against additional hazards like vandalism, explosions, and some weather-related occurrences (like hurricane, wind and lighting).

It is important to keep in mind that unlike a homeowners’ policy that covers everything except for listed exclusions, dwelling fire insurance only covers named perils.

Are you renting-out your home? Call us for a quote on dwelling fire insurance for your property.

contact dunham insurance