Whether you’re a young entrepreneur, or this is the thousandth company you’ve started, general liability insurance is vital to keeping your business going. General liability insurance coverage protects your business assets from the risk of property damage claims, bodily injury claims and personal and advertising injury claims. It also provides coverage for customer injuries (such as slips and falls) and damage to the property of others. General liability insurance covers medical expenses and legal costs if an incident leads to a lawsuit.
Here are some examples of what general liability insurance covers:
- Bodily injury or property damage: claims that your business caused someone bodily harm or damaged someone’s property.
- Personal Injury: claims of malicious prosecution, libel, slander, violation of the right of privacy and more.
- Advertising errors: claims of false advertising or copyright infringement in your marketing and advertising efforts.
- Medical payments: help cover medical costs if someone sustains an injury at your business.
- Damage to rented property: when property you rent is damaged by your actions (for example, a candle in your office starts a fire).
- Product liability: claims that your product caused someone bodily harm or damaged someone’s property (for example, negligence or product defect).
Dunham Insurance can customize a general liability policy for your specific business needs. Contact us today for more information about coverage and a consultation.